Tools & Resources | Claims

In the event of an accident or loss, please contact your Broker or Account Manager as soon as possible during business hours and they will assist you with your claim. 

If the loss occurs outside business hours and you require immediate assistance, please call your insurance company’s claims department directly at the emergency claims number on your policy documents or listed below:

Aviva 1 866 692 8482 Jevco 1 866 864 1112
Burns & Wilcox 1 855 801 1296 Northbridge 1 855 621 6262
Chieftain 1 800 661 5522 Optimum 1 877 806 8023
CHUBB 1 800 532 4822 RSA 1 800 319 9993
Ecclesiastical 1 888 693 2253 South Western Group 1 866 794 5463
Economical 1 800 607 2424 Travellers 1 800 661 5522
Intact 1 866 464 2424 Unica 1 866 864 1113 

You can also use one of our online forms to submit a claim to our office:

What to do in the event of a claim

The attached brochure from the Insurance Bureau of Canada provides valuable information on what you should know if you ever have to file an Auto or Home claim, including the process and roles of various parties in adjusting a claim.


What do I do if I am in a car accident?

  • Call police & ambulance if necessary.
  • Do not admit liability.
  • Take pictures of the accident scene and vehicles involved if you have a camera and are able to safely
  • Ensure you and your passengers are safely out of harm’s way and document the following:
    • Date, time, location and weather and road conditions
    • Nature of the accident
    • Details of the other party including:
      • Vehicle make and model
      • Driver’s name, address and telephone number
      • Insurance company and policy number
      • Names and contact information of any passengers
      • Names and contact information of any witnesses
      • If a police office attends, note the officer’s name and badge number
  • If police do not attend, report the accident to the nearest Collision Reporting Centre within 24 hours of the accident.
  • If the vehicle is not drivable, have it towed to the nearest Collision Reporting Centre (if police do not attend), a repair garage, or other place it can be safely stored.
  • Contact your insurance company as soon as possible and DO NOT allow any repair work to begin prior to confirming coverage with and being authorized by your insurance company.


What do I do if I have a property claim?

  • If you have damage to your building or contents, you should secure the building.
  • If you have had a burglary or theft, you should secure the building, make a list of what was taken.

You should immediately notify the Police and make note of the Officer’s name and the Police case number.

  • Track down your receipts or invoices for items that are damaged or stolen, if you have them available.
  • If you have had a water damage claim, turn off the water source if possible. Remove damaged items from water if possible.
  • Contact your broker as soon as possible.


If someone is injured while attending at your home or business or is injured as a result of work you have done, you should immediately take notes which should consider the following.

  • Did the person slip and fall? if so, what foot wear did they have on?
  • Were they carrying anything at the time they fell?
  • Who witnessed the fall?
  • Was there anything or substance on the floor that contributed to the fall?
  • What were the weather conditions?
  • Were emergency services required?
  • Did you talk to the person before or after the fall? What was said?
  • Do not admit any liability, either verbally or in writing.

Immediately report any injury to your broker so that a proper investigation can be completed. It is very important to complete an investigation early.